Monday, February 13, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust

Husband was sick over the weekend. Boy oh boy was he sick! He literally did not get any sleep from 1:30 - 6:30 a.m. Sunday morning...and neither did I for that matter (poor me!) We are now entering our 3rd straight week of sickness in our household; I think this must be some kind of record! He did manage to keep a cup of coffee and a piece of toast down last night, so that's progress.

He was off to work early this morning; I told him just to call in sick but he wouldn't. He did call in reinforcements to help him with the pigs though, and he said he'd take it easy and just do paperwork this morning. E! is flying in today (E! is our new employee and is moving from Alberta on March 4th), it is his first day of work here. I told Husband that I could pick up E! from the airport and take him to their afternoon meeting. I could just sit and smile sweetly while E! did all the talking. Husband said that's the last thing he wanted was for E! to do all the talking - it's really easy to spend money when it isn't your own, isn't it! They are looking at farrowing crates this afternoon if that is any interest to you.

As for our Anniversary tomorrow, I didn't make reservations anywhere because everyone in our household has been sick, including me, and my stomach just hasn't felt quite normal for the last 2 weeks. I haven't decided if we'll have takeout or if I'll just make ham & scalloped potatoes (my favourite meal). As long as I get my roses...I'm so shallow, aren't I! I did buy Husband his favourite red licorice so we're all set.

No comments: