Wednesday, October 18, 2006

How Much Longer 'Til Lunch

I looked at my clock a little bit ago, thinking it must be getting closer to lunch and it was only 10:30. Not that I'm hungry, I just need a break. Which is odd because I rarely break for lunch. It's just one of those days. I'm crabby and I'm trying really hard not to be, and everything is bothering me and I'm trying really hard not to let it. Like this morning, I made lunches for the boys, and it's pizza day. And then I didn't have a second cup of coffee because I was sure that Husband would stop at Tim's and bring me one home, and he didn't. Which meant my second cup of coffee was old tasting. And then later on this morning I had just finished sweeping and washing the office floor and Husband walked through and left dirt clods everywhere. But he did sweep it up without me asking him to. And Husband found out that a guy we thought was going to come work for us isn't. And I want to know NOW what the cut-off date will be when referrals come out this month. It's just too much people. Too much. Oh, and the paper cut I got the other day from the file folder still hurts. A lot.

Sigh.

Okay, I'm going to get happy now. Why, you ask, since I've pulled all of yous down with me into the pit of despair? Because I know what costumes to make the boys for the Harvest Party, and knowing is half the battle. And I'm super-excited about it. Okay, not really. Yesterday I was super-excited, today I'm just excited. Zoomer is too old to take part, but I'm sure the teens will be doing something fun that night. If not, he can help out at the HP. So Shaggy, unbeknownst to him, is going to be the plague of flies. Isn't this the cutest thing you've ever seen? As soon as I saw I knew I had to make it. Tigger said he wanted to be the bush on fire (aka the burning bush), so I'm going to find some old clothes for him, cut holes in spots and burn the edges (carefully so as to not set the whole thing on fire), and pin artifical leaves all over the clothes.

I'm off to make another pot of coffee. That should make me feel better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Harvest Party sounds like it will be a lot of fun. It's funny that its just getting into Fall here, and sometimes it sounds like yall are deep into Winter already.

BTW- I know you tagged me, Im just have a devil of a time coming up with 5 wierd things. (isnt that so sad? Im quite sure Im not all normal...)

Are you expecting your referral in this next batch? Once you get your referral, what happens?

Thumbelina's Mom said...

The Harvest Party is a lot of fun =) . This week feels like fall - last week was definitely winter, but that's how it is here - always changing.

I thought of another weird thing last night as I was closing all the closet doors. I can't go to bed and rest peacefully if there are closet doors open or if dresser drawers are open even a pinch. Husband thinks that's extremely weird.

Today's rumor in the adoption world is that referrals will include Aug 23/05 - our file is logged in Sept 13/05. If the 23rd is the cut-off date, that's 2 weeks of files being referred. If they do another 2 weeks in November, they will only reach Sept 6 - a week before our LID. I'm hoping it's safe to say by December we should have our referral. And then we wait for travel approval and usually travel about 6 weeks (give or take a few weeks) after referral. So I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. But my crabbiness today is fogging up the tunnel =)