Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What Is It?

So I'm sitting here, reading Catherine's wonderful news, when Thumbelina comes running into my office yelling, "Mom! I made something for you!" She is playing with PlayDoh. As she thrusts a yellow gob of doh into my hand she asks me, "What is it?" What is it indeed. To a three-year-old it could be anything.

I tentatively answered, "A candy?"

Disgustedly, she looked at me, took the shape of Play Doh back, and said, "I go make you a diamond." Aha, it was a square!

The next thing I know, Thumbelina is back, giving me a diamond-shaped piece of Play Doh and asks, "What is it?"

Smiling, I answered, "A diamond!"

I can almost see her rolling her eyes as she answers, "No!" And then she rolls it into a ball and says, "It's a circle."

Well of course it is. Next time I'm just going to say, "It's a quadrilateral."

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

LOL! Oh, how I love kids!