Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year's Quiz

It's already the end of the 2nd week of this New Year, but this quiz looked fun.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
My girlfriend and I were trapped on an airplane with irrate and drunken passengers, we were diverted to a couple of different airports and had to spend the night in New Jersey before we were able to get home, due to inclement weather on the eastern seaboard.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't usually make resolutions because I don't usually keep them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin had a surprise baby in August.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My girlfriend's Mother passed away in October. I wasn't close with her Mother, but I'm close with my girlfriend; another friend's baby died after bravely living for 16 days.

5. What countries did you visit?
USA

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Extra money, completely organized home, more patience

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 12 was our one-year Family-versary when Thumbelina joined our family

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Figuring out that I'm allergic to gluten and that maintaining a gluten-free diet cures me of all arthritis pain

9. What was your biggest failure?
Eating gluten at Christmas...like a moth to the flame...

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes...nearly breaking my butt when I fell down the stairs...but after that I was much more careful

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Washer & Dryer - it holds 3x the amount of clothes that my old set could handle, and my landry is all caught up. All of it. All.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Zoomer - he's always been a good kid, but after the mission's trip he went on last summer, things changed in a positive way with him

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Somebody's

14. Where did most of your money go?
We were able to pay off quite a chunk of our bank loan from when we bought our new-to-us vehicle and from our trip to China...we should have the balance paid off by June

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Thumbelina taking an interest in potty-training

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I don't know

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taken the time to just have fun

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Home. With sick kids.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Well, I'm already in love...and I didn't fall out of love...

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Divine Design, Moving Up

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a useless emotion

24. What was the best book you read?
The Good Earth

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That Tigger truly is really awful on the recorder

26. What did you want and get?
A day at the spa

27. What did you want and not get?
A vacation

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'm so behind I have no idea what films were new...I did watch The Notebook and loved it

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Oooo, my birthday was fun - Husband took me to the city and I spent my day at the spa with my girlfriend. I was 39. There, I said it. 39. And then we went out to a fabulous steak place.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my kids could understand the concept of doing homework and not complaining

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Same as 2007

32. What kept you sane?
God

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I only fancy Husband

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
All politicians are crooks and only have their own agenda in mind...the downfall of the economy was something I didn't see coming

35. Who did you miss?
I wish I could see more of my girlfriend in the city

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I'm not sure I met anybody new this year

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't let the immaturity of other's bring you down. Life is too short to try to make everybody happy, and you can only do what you can do.

2 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

The Good Earth....what an AMAZING book!!!

AM said...

Congratulations on the new laundry set up and glad to see you back to blogging! I want to see a new picture of Thumbelina!