Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pictures

Okay, so Alfred's Mom asked for updated pictures of Thumbelina, and who am I to say no to such a request??

Just before Christmas, Thumbelina got her first ever haircut...first ever since being home in the Great White North and part of the Funny Farm Clan. I kept putting it off because I think long hair is adorable on little girls...except Thumbelina's hair wasn't looking adorable, it was looking messy and scraggly. She had at least 2 haircuts while at the orphange, and I use the term loosely...her first one was pretty much a shave-job and her second one was more of a hack job. But I have since learned that the reason Chinese people shave their babies heads (boys and girls) is because they believe this will help their hair to grow in thicker. Thumbelina has pretty thick hair, so maybe it's true.

Anyway, here she is looking very uncertain:



Some parts of her hair had 3" cut off...other parts had 1/2 - 1" taken off:

Isn't she just beautiful?? I had my hairdresser trim up her bangs, because that bunch of hair always falls down on her forehead and looks messy:

And then she got some curlies put in as well:
I think Mr. Happy better dust off his gun pretty soon:

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

SO sweet! I love the curl in her hair. :)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Adorable. Yep. Get out the gun.

chalica pack said...

Oh my goodness her haircut (and her!) is gorgeous! LOVE IT. I really should do the same with Emma's. When her hair isnt in a bow, it just hangs all scraggly looking and gets in her face. Maybe its time. Sigh.

AM said...

Oh my goodness her haircut (and her!) is gorgeous! LOVE IT. I really should do the same with Emma's. When her hair isnt in a bow, it just hangs all scraggly looking and gets in her face. Maybe its time. Sigh.

AM said...

sorry. both are me. I got confused.