Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Out of the Loop

So my much younger cousin, who turns 19 this summer, has recently acquired a tattoo. He has pictures of it posted on his Facebook page and one of his friends left a comment. And I quote, "Sick Tat". What on earth does that mean??? When I was a kid, we called things righteous, and rad. And we thought we were uber-cool when we said, "no guff" (see, look at me being all hip with the uber talk). But sick tat? I don't get it.

I think I'll go put some moisturizer on my old lady hands now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was obviously a picture of a cat throwing up. Except the writter of the facebook page does not know how to spell "cat" because kids today do not know how to spell

D & S said...

I have no idea either! I feel old.

Anonymous said...

People, PEOPLE !! Sick means cool - it's a compliment. (I work with teenagers)

:)

MommaC

Kelley said...

I learned the new use of the word "sick" from the motorcycle-making show...is it "American Chopper?" We quit watching it months and months ago...

Getting old is not always fun...

D said...

translation for 'our' generation...it means 'rightious tatoo!' LOL!

D said...

BTW....
I did get your emails....haven't been ignoring you...have been VERY much under the weather...will explain by email soon :)

Anonymous said...

It means the tattoo is "like 90".

I recommend not using the new expressions. Got me into a lot of trouble when I called the CEO's presentation "Sick". Then I had to explain that it was actually a complement and that I really want to keep my job.