Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Always Wear Clean Underwear

You know how when you were a teenager and you were just about to leave the house to go out with friends, and your mom would say to you, "Are you wearing clean underwear?" and you'd roll your eyes...much like you're doing now...and sigh and say, "Y-es!" And then your mother would say, "Because if you're in an accident you should be wearing clean underwear." And again you'd roll your eyes...(I'll let you finish)...as you left the house.

Well.

To the lady who was at Shopper's Drugmart holding up the line because she kept buying lotto tickets, PLEASE! For the love of all things chocolate! Wear some underwear!

I jest not.

She was a little large and was wearing a pair of shorts that were jogging pants material, and when she bent over and leaned against the counter, her cheek was exposed. And not the cheek attached to her face, either. I didn't know whether to laugh or throw up. A lady who was in line a few people behind me, said to her husband, "And here I thought I looked a mess coming into the store wearing this!" There was no mistaking who the comment was intended for. But the Lotto Lady was too intent on buying more tickets.

So, dear readers, if you're not going to wear clean underwear, at least wear underwear. Please. For the rest of humanity. And for those stuck behind you in line at Shoppers Drugmart.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Perhaps she was hoping to win big and buy some of them fancy underwear? ;)

Anonymous said...

Things that make you go ....bbbllluuhh!!

Thanks for that mental picture as I get ready for bed. That reminds me...

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Maybe you should buy her a thong.....

D & S said...

LOL!!! I really wonder what some people think when they are getting ready to go out in public.