Monday, August 11, 2008

Close Only Counts in Grenades

So last week, Thumbelina and Shaggy were standing at the dining room window watching the lightening as a storm was moving into our area. And somehow, Thumbelina managed to knock down the curtains. And bend the rod. They were so outdated - lacy balloons with a valence. They've been in my window for 13 years. It was definitely time for a change.

And then Thumbelina said to me, "Uh-oh, what Shaggy do?" Heh. My girl already knows who to blame.

So this weekend, I patched the holes from the old curtain rod, because the new curtains I bought are not the same style, hence there is a new rod with different holes. And the white from the patching looked terrible with my green walls. I managed to find the old can of paint from when the room was painted 4 years ago...and it was solid as a rock. Rock solid. Very solid. Solid. So then I had had this brilliant plan to go through my craft paint and mix colours together to come up with the shade of green currently on my walls. I came close. Zoomer said to me, "Close only counts in grenades. And horsehoes." I wish he would have said something before I painted it.

It is hideous.

It is true - close only counts in grenades.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

I may be able to help you with the whole color matching thing email me @ nailark@[removethis]yahoo.com
I tole painted 4 years so I've done this a time or 2

Anonymous said...

I'm no expert, but if the walls are green and you patched with white, you should paint the patched areas with the colour "green". I'm not sure what colour you used, but red or blue etc. will not work to patch a green wall.

Alternatively, you could paint all your walls white to match the patch (wow, I rhymed).

Hope that helps! Good Luck!