Monday, August 25, 2008

Camping, Jaj Style

So last week was my birthday, and in honor of me turning one year older...but feeling slightly less mature...Mr. Happy decided that the two of us should go on a little camping trip together.


Keeping our campsite a surprise, I was delighted to find out that we would be pitching our tent here. Mere feet away - FEET, I tell you - from this magnificent wonder of God's beautiful creation. I truly appreciate the small pleasures in life. Some good friends of ours, who make their abode not too far from where our tent was, treated us to dinner. They sure know how to make the most of a campfire!


The next day, being the anniversary of my birth and all, Mr. Happy sent me on a little adventure of my own. Thrilling and exciting does not even begin to describe my day, made even better because my good friend was able to join me. Again, it's about appreciating the little things in life. Because we had been roughing it for the past 24+ hours, Mr. Happy decided to take me out to dinner. It was not busy. In fact, I think we were the only patrons in the whole establishment, therefore our maitre d', who also served as our waiter, hung around our table...just out of eyeshot but definitely within earshot...and listened to our dinner conversation. And every time he left the room, Mr. Happy or I would sneak over to his station and help ourselves to the candy that was set out in his giant candy jar. What?! It was going to go stale if we didn't eat it! Anyway, after dinner, I enjoyed walking through the magnficent wonder that was mere feet from our campsite, and I just appreciated the beauty for all it is.

So the following day was when we had to pack up and head back home. I wanted to share the awesomeness with Mr. Happy of the magnificent wonder that was mere feet from our campsite, so that is how we spent our morning. On our way home, we stopped here, because really, it was still my birthday week. Why do the celebrations have to end just because the day has ended? Anyway, all I can say is that it's a good thing we had the pick-up truck with us.

There you have it, camping Jaj style. And I can't wait for our next trip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man you were really roughing it. I feel for you.

Next time I'll go along to accompany you on your miserable trip :)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! You must be what? Twenty years old?

John Ford said...

Michigan 10.0: Are state tax incentives creating real jobs in. Michigan 10.0: Are state tax incentives creating real jobs in Saginaw? Published: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 4:33 AM Updated: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 9:41 AM Fremont Jobs | Jobs in Fremont MI | Snagajob. Find all local Fremont MI jobs. Browse full time and part time jobs in Fremont. See local companies now hiring and accepting online job applications in your area. Video Editing Freelance Jobs : Saginaw, Michigan | Find Freelance. Video Editing Freelance Jobs in Saginaw, Michigan. Find Freelance Jobs at Freelanced.com, the #1 Freelance Social Network! Freelance Jobs in 300+ categories and 200. Stereo 3D Jobs. Subscribe Receive the latest job listings; Follow Us Come join us on Twitter Sudoku Monster Printable | Solve Sudoku Puzzles. Co mi tam do nich to nie przyszlo, bych zbojow. Zrezygnowal z wyjscia do domu. skuteczne pozycjonowanie. You have done an impressive job and our entire group.