Saturday, June 02, 2007

Backyard Beach

Today was hotter than hot, seriously, so Zoomer blew up Thumbelina's new ladybug swimming pool. And outside we went. Except the boys were playing in it whilst The Princess was still napping, and rather than come to a pool with coolish water, we were greeted to a pool with cold water. Because they kept dumping the water to get the grass out. So she never did go swimming, because she is, after all my daughter, and needs sauna-like temps to even stick a toe in. Instead, we just hung out on a couple of towels, enjoying the shade.

Ooooo, is that a fly? I wonder if I can catch it:


What do you mean the water is cold??


I'm a Princess! I don't do cold water!


Hey kid! Stop putting cold water in my pool!


At least I have a cute bathing suit:

7 comments:

kitchu said...

She is SO cute... and I'm not one for cold water either!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Tee Hee. My kids got in today despite the cold water. It was just soooo stinkin' hot!

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me you don't have the pool open!!!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Of course it's open - didn't you see the pic of Tigger putting water in it???

D & S said...

She's so cute! I don't blame her for not going into cold water, I wouldn't either.

Anonymous said...

She's so adorable... Emma won't get into our pool until I've put buckets of hot water in it. If I ever build a new house, I want a hot water tap outside as well as cold to save me the 12 trips a day for a bucket of hot water for Miss Picky!lolol

Julie

AM said...

That is a very cute bathing suit! NOw I feel bad that I just got Emma that bottom half of a two piece....