Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Crabby Crabby

I am beyond irritable today. You really should stay away from me. I am confrontational, which is so totally unlike me, but it is also the 7 year anniversary of when my Dad passed away, so I guess I'm entitled to take a Crab Day once a year or so. Shut up, Melvin, it is so only once a year...

You can stay and listen to me whine if you want; otherwise you can scroll down to the pictures and enjoy Thumbelina in all her messy supper silliness.

So. Where to begin. I was a little peeved with my assistant...I had told her that she only needs to come in 3 days a week for the summer, unless we get busier (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday). She said she would start that schedule once the kids were finished school, which is next week. Except yesterday she didn't come in to work and didn't let me know she wasn't coming. What bothers me is that she said one thing and did another thing. So I said to her today, I didn't know you weren't coming in to work yesterday. That's me being confrontational. And she said Oh, I'm sorry. Totally not the answer I was expecting...not that I was looking for a fight...and then I said, You said you were going to start that when the kids were done school, which is next week, so I just thought you'd be in yesterday. And she said, Well were you busy? Ooooo, that's not the point. Yesterday wasn't the greatest of days because we were looking in vain for things she has filed. I'm not sure if we'll ever find what we're looking for. Cause she can't even find it.

And then twice today, she answered my extension when my phone rang. Not just my phone, but my extension. Everybody has their own phone and own extension, so when my extension rings, there's no reason for her to get up from her desk to answer it. It's not for her, so leave it alone. So after the second time, I told her not to answer my extension; if I'm not around to answer it, it will go to my voicemail.

Needless to say, she mostly ignore me today. Whatever.

But that's not all. I wrote a note to Shaggy's teacher. I know, I know, I know, I need to stop doing this because it only causes trouble. Shag got an extremely low grade in computers on his last report card (32%...in computers!) and I've written 3 notes (today was #4) asking why it was so low. And I just don't understand why she can't answer. Shaggy forgot his homework book at school, so I have no idea what her response was because I wrote I know you're extremely busy, otherwise you would have answered the previous three notes I sent, but if you could please just take the time to let me know why he got 32% in computers I would really, really appreciate it. Yah, I probably should have worded it differently, but I've been trying to find out for the last 5 weeks. And now in church, when we pass each other in the hallway and I look at her with a smile, she looks the other way. I find the whole situation childish and irritating.

So that's my day. There's more, but I don't feel like getting into it right now.

The end.

Oh, yah, here's Princess Thumbelina:







She is the highlight of my day, even though she was disgusted by everything I offered to her for lunch. She even rejected her beloved Baby Mum Mums. I guess sometimes a girl just isn't hungry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ur entitled to a crabby day, hell ya, we all are, take a crabby week, no harm there :) huggs to you, it can and will get better. Thumbelina is just so CUTE, she must be the light on a dark day! take care, take time & we're all there with you at one point in the day/week/month cause people are just so childish and self aborbed these days, its crazy!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh dear, you sound like you could use some chocolate. I HATE days like that. It doens't matter what happens,it's always wrong! I hope you can get some answers from Shaggy's wonky teacher.....

AM said...

GOOD FOR YOU, for writing that note! SERIOUSLY! That Teacher is driving ME crazy! lol.

Emma is going thru the same thing as THumbelina. SHe's turning down all kinds of food that she used to love!

Roses said...

::lays giant box of chocolate on jaj's desk::

(box is rigged to explode if assistant tries to touch it)