Thursday, January 12, 2006

Why?


Why would a business do something like this?


I'm trying to balance my VISA statement and I'm out by $20. So I check out my receipt and according to the subtotal, they didn't take my $20 coupon off. I called head office, but they said I had to call the actual store where this happened. So called the store and the person who answered said, "Well if the receipt said it was taken off, then it would have been taken off. I don't know, I'll get a manager." So the manager said that the $20 would have been taken off before the subtotal but it shows up after the subtotal on the receipt. We added everything up together, and sure enough, that's how they did it. I asked them "Why do you do it that way?" and she said, "I don't know, that's the way head office sets it up, be we get a lot of calls from people confused by it."

At least I'm not the only one.

By the way, I got a pretty good look at the Giant Bird the other day as it was circling the dog's house and I'm thinking that maybe it is only a hawk after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the bird is just a chickadee.