Monday, January 30, 2006

Leeches & Giant Hickeys

CJ has a giant hickey on his arm. Today is a PD day so of course he's still in his short-sleeved jammies which is how I noticed it (thank GOD we only have to endure 1 PD day a year!). We're working on homework before lunch when I notice said giant hickey. I asked him about it and he ignored me...nothing new...a few minutes later he said, "Oh, I remember how I got this - I sucked on my arm." I asked why he would do that ????? and his reply was, "I was pretending to be a leech!"

Yesterday was Chinese New Year and we are now in the Year of the Dog. We decided to take the boys out to Jim's to celebrate; moreso my idea than Husbands. We still had a good time. According to the placemats which had the Chinese Zodiac printed on them, I was born in the Year of the Rooster. Our daughter would have been born in the Year of the Rooster as well since that is the year that just ended. Kinda neat, huh!

We have more homework to endure, so I must be off and see that it gets accomplished - it's the dreaded spelling list that has to be written out twice! Horror of Horrors!

No comments: