Saturday, September 08, 2007

Oh Bother

I give up. I felt all domestic-like today, so I thought, Hey! I'll make supper tonight instead of ordering take-out! So I managed to find an old Pillsbury-dough pizza thing, it broke apart when I unrolled it so it's a little past it's freshness. Good enough. And it's in the oven per instructions on the container, I actually grated the cheese since someone left the bag of grated cheese open and it's all moldy, except I'm out of pizza sauce. And spaghetti sauce. And Mr. Happy has vetoed my ketchup idea. And salsa idea. So I guess that means take-out anyway. Sometimes, I don't know why I bother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really happy home maker would have ventured out to her weedless garden, picked the fresh tomatoes, thyme, peppers, onions and oregano. Taken them back to her spotless kitchen to begin the preparation of the gourmet pizza. Complete with fresh mushrooms from the barn of climate controlled horse poop.

Prepare the pizza and placed it in her stone oven fuelled by hickory hewn from her own bush lot.

While baking the pizza she would venture to the vineyard to pick the now ready grapes, boil them down and make fresh grape juice.

While the grape juice is cooling you would then make your way to the orchard. Pick the McIntosh apples (which are also ready this time of year) and make a tasty apple crisp for dessert.

But of course apple crisp is not complete without ice cream. Which of course means that you now have to head toward the dairy barn to milk the cow by hand. When the required amount of milk is collected in the stainless steel pail you would make your way back to the house. Using ice to cool the milk you would then begin the process of making ice cream, by hand.

So there you go supper is ready in the blink of an eye.

So what did you have McDonald's or Wendy's?

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Grilled Cheese.