Sunday, September 09, 2007

She Called Me Mama!

My heart is full.

Tonight at church, I had some last minute instructions for the nursery workers because there was a big switcheroo happening - I won't bore you with the details - and I tried to stay out of sight of Miss Thumbelina, but since the worker was holding her, she saw me. And she stretched out her arms and said, "Mama!" (Thumbelina, not my nursery worker). Oh, I wanted to hug and kiss her, but I couldn't because of course I was late for choir.

She called me Mama! I'm not a spoon anymore!

6 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I was just WAITING for that to happen! Congrats!!!!

D said...

That's awesome! My little man has started to call me 'ahma'...kinda like 'mama' but without the first m :)

BTW...I think you guessed correctly...you do know who I am. (I think)
DT.

kitchu said...

can't wait to know what that feels like!

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Oh you lucky ducky. Olivia still refused to say Mama, mom, mommy or even mmm when calling out or talking to me. Yep, its still "Deb" Today she laughed when she said it and I said "mommy". The little bugger knows what she is doing.

Deb
"aka mommy" - to me anyway....

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Aww that is Great, This must of totally warmed your heart all day long.. So great!

D & S said...

That's wonderful! Hooray!