Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Traditions

I'm going to start a new Christmas tradition this year - Christmas Jammies that we get to open on Christmas Eve and wear Christmas morning. I've shamelessly stolen the idea from a friend of mine - I hope you don't mind.

I've bought Tigger's and Thumbelina's already; Tigger's top is green with a train on it and it has red and green striped bottoms. Thumbelina's is red and white striped feet pajammies with a gingerbread boy on it.

So I've been surfing the net looking for more cutesie-type jammies and I happened upon this site. Go look at and make sure you scroll down to the family in the matching snowflake footed pajamas. Did you take a peek? Did it creep you out? I'm sorry, but there is just something wrong with a man wearing foot-pajamas (if your man wears these, I'm not trying to offend you, but I'd rather not know about it).

Couldn't you just picture Mr. Happy wearing something like this?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the institute we get new Christmas Jackets every year. They are white (snowflake - colour)and unlike those pajamas you pointed out, they are very "straight" looking. In fact, most of the workers refer to them as "straight jackets" so ya, there is no confusion.

Ahh traditions...not always fun, but it's best to just grin and bear it. (I like the grinning part the best)

Anonymous said...

That guy in the snowflake jammies on the web site is exactly how I picture Melvin to look!!

Is it you Melvin?

Never thought I'd see an ultra cool biker dude in footies.

too funny

Anonymous said...

Oh Melvin it is so good to hear from you again. Were you away on a little solitary trip?

Your provide a breath of fresh country air after the honey wagon has been spreading good cheer. What a joy!!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

HA! We do that too...I always order my daughters pj's through Pajamagram.com and I ordered then the red footed pj's with the back trap door with their names on the back door... hehe
too cute! Love these traditions!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

BTW...my husband and I do not wear these footed pj's ...I too find it rather creepy having a grown man wearing them ...UGH (lol)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I think it's weird for a grown man to wear footed pajamas too! But I like the jammie idea for the kids. My mom did that every year too!

Anonymous said...

Oh great. Melvin and Melvinette are back. All this talk about jammies - I'm surprised they haven't been pushing for a pajama party.

Anonymous said...

Hey JAJ, I just had a great idea. Why don't we all have a Christmas pajama party? We could call it a Holiday In Pajamas Party (HIPP) to make it sound extra cool or "Hipp" if you will. I'm thinking you, Melvinette, myself and a few of our closest friends. Perhaps we could even have a HIPP guest speaker like oh, I don't know, Mr Happy?

Anonymous said...

Great idea Melvin!

Don't forget you teddy bear. (You know the one with the eyes removed so you won't choke on them.)

What night is good for you Melvin?

I'm free from the 22-24th. Hey, if you're free then too maybe we could make it a weekend long party. They do let you out on weekends?...don't they. For good behavior.

I really like the idea of the motivational speaker too! Oh I hope Mr. Happy comes and brings his angry eyes too!

D & S said...

That just looks too weird.