Saturday, December 22, 2007

My Favourite State - Denial

So I've made a list, I've checked it twice, I know who's naughty and who's nice...and I also know there's a whole lotta cleanin' that needs to be finished by Monday morning...and not one word from the Crazies about coming to help with said cleaning. Maybe if I stopped calling them The Crazies, they'd be more apt to help me out...you all know that I use that term in the most endearing of ways. Mostly.

And yah, I think I've officially moved to the State of Denial. Why else would I be blogging when there's a list 2 pages long of stuff that needs to done?

You know, Mr. Happy really does really love me. He offered to go grocery shopping for me this morning...the Saturday before Christmas even...so that I could clean. Blog, clean, that's neither here nor there. So he came home awhile ago with his purchases grumping about old people "...blocking the aisles talking to one another with their Merry Christmas this and Happy Holidays that..." Poor Mr. Happy. So I asked him where his Christmas cheer was, and he pulled out his angry eyes and said, "This is my Christmas cheer." Alrighty then.

At lunch, Shaggy and Zoomer and I were talking about Zoomer's teen Christmas banquet that he went to last night and Shaggy said, "Did you know that Uncle AB wasn't allowed to go to gym night if there were girls there?" And I said, "I'm sure that's not right, Shag; he went to gym night." And Shaggy said, "No, he wasn't allowed to go cuz there'd be hot chicks there!" Your eyes just popped a whole lot wider, didn't they! I asked him where he heard such language and he told me that that's how people talk these days. These days. Makes me feel ancient. I didn't have the heart to tell him that that's how people talked in the olden days as well.

And on that note, one of the boys just woke up Princess Thumbelina and she's wailing. Wailing, I tell you. Oh wait, she stopped. Maybe she's going back to sleep. Don't make any loud noises and we'll be okay.

Shhhhh, I said.

Okay okay okay, I'll stop wasting time and get back to my list.

Sheesh, I think Mr. Happy has been spreading his Christmas cheer a little too much this year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, let me clarify. I did go to gym nights where girls were present as long as responsible adults were also present. Otherwise, I would not be allowed to go. But, who's kidding who, for every stupid rule, there's plenty of ways around it.

I agree with the phrase I have heard you use "If it's not one thing, it's your mother"

Anonymous said...

Now that your older ab, who is your idea of a responsible adult?

Anonymous said...

I don't know. I suppose someone like Melvin or Melvinette. I think gym nights would be pretty fun if they were there.

Anonymous said...

Just imagine the games we would play if Melvin and Melvinette were in charge!

Catch - with a hand grenade
Horseshoes - using toilet seats
Snakes and ladders - using real snakes and ladders
Twister - I think Melvin would win every time - he's use to being in those flexible positions.

to name just a few games

crazylady said...

I'm Queen of DeNile

Rich said...

Optimal design is close to quantum dots together. These products have the ability to switch power voltage from 110V-240V. You will be like a normal man with normal ears. The 5 mode output consists of settings of low, medium, high, strobe and SOS signaling.