Sunday, February 10, 2008

PBD - Day 2 - Saturday

Saturday was Day 2 of Shanny's Photo Bloggy Days. Just bear with me and try not to let the excitement that is my life overwhelm you.

I tried to sleep in. My goal was 8:00, but I only made it to 7:15...Mr. Happy had already fed Thumbelina her breakfast and Shaggy was playing with her, so I went to my computer and posted Day 1 of Shanny's Photo Bloggy Days.

Dolores asked if that was a typical day, and yes it was. Minus the battle of homework after school (the boys need a break so I don't make them do homework on Friday nights) and on regular nights, I usually try to go to bed by 10:00...but since I had planned on sleeping in, I stayed up until midnight...next time I'll have to let Thumbelina in on my plans too.


Of course Thumblina soon got bored with her brother and wasn't happy that she was stuck on the other side of the gate:

I needed to get to work planning this week's menu so that Mr. Happy could go to the store for me and buy the groceries:

Thumbelina kept herself busy by reading:

And getting into the garbage:

And just being adorable:

So I decided she needed another snack:

Mmmmm, applesauce:

The aftermath of Hurricane Thumbelina:

Next came quiet time so that I could finish my meal planning:

There, that's better:

And because I am a freak, I type out my grocery list and arrange things as they are laid out in the store...Mr. Happy used to make fun of me for doing this until he discovered that my organizational skillz are quite convenient:

10:30 and time for homework:

Somebody wasn't too happy:

11:00 and time to practice...with my helper, of course:

And also time to clean up the kitchen:

And let the boys finally eat breakfast - I wouldn't let them eat before homework, because they had already been up for 3 hours....they were just using hunger as a stall tactic:

My Tray of Togetherness:

I tried a candy from it...it was sort of like a buttercream candy but with a different sort of aftertaste:

11:30 and time to dust:

12:00 and Thumbelina needed her lunch:

While I worked at getting the spilled wax off of the entertainment centre (I won't tell you that it's been there since Christmas):

Zoomer making himself a grilled cheese:

My lunch (leftover fried rice):

Shaggy talking to the in-laws at the compound:

Sometime in the afternoon while Thumbelina was napping, I decided to go through the toys and start organizing them; Mr. Happy had taken Shaggy and Tigger with him to the grocery store...he was actually going to take them sledding, but they wasted time getting their chores done and by the time they were ready to go, it was raining...

Plus I managed to throw out a couple of bags of old and broken toys:

Time for laundry (I have no idea what time it is now...4:00 ish maybe):

While watching my all important decorating shows:

With the Little Miss' help, of course:

And what a good helper she is:

5:00 ish and time to put the groceries away and make supper:

Easy Meatball Panini:

The finished product (basically a meatball sub):

With pudding for dessert:

Such a happy child:

Um, yeah:

He's related to his relatives:

This was Thumbelina's expression when she heard the water running in the bathtub...she loves her bath:

All clean and ready for bed:

I didn't take any more pictures of my day, but after cleaning up the kitchen, and tucking the littler boys into bed, I sat on the couch and started dozing off as Zoomer and Mr. Happy were watching NASCAR. But then I decided I needed to iron to get the church clothes ready for this morning. I was still late, even with having everything ready to go - like really late - like so late that I didn't have time to practice my solo with my piano player so when I sang in the service this morning, that was my practice...that's how late I was...not that you needed to know that, I just threw that in for good measure.






4 comments:

Kelley said...

What a day! You're a busy lady! I love your meal planning and grocery list organization--wow!!! I aspire to be that "together" but it usually doesn't quite work out. :)

D & S said...

I think I was watching the same decorating show as you :). They are very important!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Were you trying to make me tired? :-)

I loved the comment "he's related to his relatives." Too funny!

Shannon said...

OMG can I just tell you how much in AWE I am at your menu planning?? Man, you're a pro. Great photos! I'm so glad you played along!