Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Aging

This afternoon a fellow stopped by and dropped off a pamphlet of a seminar on operating a sprayer; doesn't interest me but I suppose it would interest others or they wouldn't be holding a seminar about it. Anyhoo, I recognized this fellow and said, "Hey aren't you *Bim?" He said he was and I told him I where I used to work...20 years ago...doesn't seem that long ago, yet at the same time it seems like a lifetime ago. Bim said, "I thought you looked familiar." And we proceeded to have a conversation about the last 20 years. Before he left he said, "I forget your name." What?!?!!!? Bim asked me out I don't know how many times and he forgets my name?!?!!!? Old age maybe? He certainly doesn't have the same level cuteness I remember, and he certainly does look 20 years older than the last time I saw him, but he doesn't remember my name?!?!!!? I never ever did go out with him, not that he'd remember...

*Names have been changed to protect the forgetful

No comments: