Thursday, March 08, 2007

This Is It!


This is it! It's really happening! This will be my last post until we're home with Thumbelina - March 24th. You can follow along on our journey at The Story of You with our personal page being Kallie. Wish me luck that I don't mess anything up in sending e-mails and pictures to Tina...

So. I'm trying not to be sad about something because I've got better things to do with my time than worry about someone who obviously doesn't like me, but when everybody and their uncle says, Have a great trip! even people I've never met but whom I talk with on the phone because of the business - one girl I've that I've talked to a total of 3 times in my life, including yesterday, is super-excited for us - yet still one of the boys' teachers hasn't even acknowledged our referral or trip. She walked right on by me yesterday as we're both calling our kids at the school snow-hill. Just very hurtful. But that's her problem 'cuz I'M GETTIN MY BABY!!!

Our itinerary, in case some of yous are wondering, we leave the city tomorrow at 7:00 am and arrive in Vancouver at 12:15 pm (9:15 local time). Then we read some books, snack on some snacks and leave Vancouver at 12:35 local time (3:35 home time), arriving in Beijing on March 10 at 4:00 pm local time, which I think is 3:00 am home time.

Sunday, March 11: Fly to Hunan (1:45 - 4:10 pm)

Monday, March 12: Thumbelina Day (Yippeeee!!!)

Saturday, March 17: Fly to Beijing (1:50 - 4:05 pm)

Saturday, March 24: Fly Home, leaving Beijing at 2:40 pm and arriving back to the city at 4:10 the same day. I can handle a 1 1/2 hour flight. Bwahahahahaha.

And now I'm off to pack. Really.

11 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Have a wonderful...WONDERFUL time!!! I will be reading along and sending huge positive vibes to you as you bring your daughter home. Best of luck and be safe!

Val, Ron and Miss Olivia said...

I don't know if you'll see this or not before you go, but I sure hope you have a great time! It will be stimulation/emotion overload, but soooo very worth it. Be glad for every experience you have on this trip - even the lousy ones....they will all be part of your daughter's story and you'll cherish every one of them for years and years. I'll definitely be following on TSOY. Bon Voyage!!

Anonymous said...

Oooo can't wait till u get back with ur baby girl ;) safe trip, take care, enjoy every bit of the journey thats taken you around the world for your precious bundle of joy :)

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT time. This is the trip of a lifetime. Cannot wait to read the daily updates on The Story of You!

Anonymous said...

I can not WAIT to watch your trip, I'll be stalking your site, believe me! Write about EVERYTHING, so we can live vicariously through you, okay? :-)

Have a great trip, I'll be praying for you!

Janet T.

D & S said...

Hooray!!! Have a safe trip and enjoy your new little bundle of joy.

Pink Evita said...

Oh boy, I can't wait to follow your trip on Story of You. Have a wonderful time meeting your Kallie.

t~ said...

I'm saying have a wonderful trip and I so mean it!!! Cuz your getting your baby!!!!

Priscilla said...

She is just so beautiful. Congrats!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Yeah! Clap clap clap! High Five! Sooooo Exciting! Go get your little girl that you have been waiting so long for! I can't wait to see her precious face!

Priscilla said...

We're looking forward to hearing from you. I hope that all went well on your trip and that your new little angel is well.