Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Hate the Government

I really, really do. Our tax dollars are wasted on inconsistencies.

We haven't received Thumbelina's Permanent Resident Card yet, and everyone else in our travel group has received theirs. We need the PR card before we can apply for citizenship. So I called the government office today and apparently it was mailed on April 10 but we never received it.

No problem, I'm told. Since I have an e-mail address, the girl I was talking to e-mailed me the website to go to where I needed to fill out a Solemn Declaration Concerning a Lost; Stolen; Destroyed or Never-Received Permanent Resident Card and then I was told to fax it to the fax number she gave me. Except on the Solemn Declaration page, it says To obtain a Solemn Declaration form (IMM 5451) contact the Call Centre...which is the same phone number I had just called. Huh???

So I called back. And since it's a government office, it takes a good 10 minutes to get through their phone system until you're actually talking to a real person. It was somebody different with whom I talked. She said Oh, I'll give you the web address where you can get the form from. And I said I was just there and the website said to contact the Call Centre. And she said That's because you need an original form. And I said And where do I get an original form from? And she said I have to mail you one. At this point I wanted to bang the phone against the counter multiple times.

Seriously. Why did they send me to the website only to have me call back and be told I need an original form? It makes no sense at all.

I should get the original form in about 2 weeks. I really hope this isn't a pre-curser of things to come concerning Thumbelina's citizenship. It's enough to make you scream.

So let's stop talking abou the government and enjoy yummy pictures from our play date:

I just love this picture ~ I'm going to frame it:


Thumbelina and her roomie from the orphanage ~ aren't they just so sweet together:


This one cracks me up because it looks like the one baby is telling Thumbelina a secret, when it actuality, she's trying to pull her hair:


Let go of my toys and I promise not to hurt you:


I just love the sweetness of this picture ~ aren't their noses and lips positively yummy:

5 comments:

AM said...

THose pictures are adorable. I love the secret telling one. You should frame that too.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I love those pictures. WAAAAAY better than the government.

kitchu said...

Thank God for adorable pics of adorable kids... makes you forget all about the moronic government!

Priscilla said...

Phone frenzy, how lovely!

All this while trying to care for a fussy infant no doubt.

I was told this is because one hand of the government knows not what the other hand is doing.

I myself think the government has no hands. Just idiots hooked up to a phone.

Bless you!

I love to see your beautiful daughter. How sweet she is! How lucky you and your family are.

RDC said...

If it makes you feel any better, I had to reapply as Cassia's came with her Chinese name on it. They admitted their fault but still, I have to wait again too.