Friday, May 04, 2007

School Play

Wednesday evening was the school play and all the kids did really, really well. It was the story of Esther and the kid who played King Ahaseurus did a great job. Lots of expression. Especially when he was demanding his wife to come to a dinner - Tell the Queen I demand for her to come now!! The kid's Dad said it was every man's dream. As he took a big step back from me. I don't know why he would have done that. My reply was - But you all know better.

Zoomer was a Government Official and had to play his trumpet and read official announcements. Four different times. Of course he was the star of the show.

I only saw half of the play because Thumbelina needed me in the nursery. I wasn't surprised because it was past her bedtime. I tried to put her to sleep but she would have none of it. We didn't get home until 10:00 so yesterday she was a little out of sorts and was falling asleep in her highchair at supper time. Poor little thing. She slept pretty good last night. Yay!

Shaggy is sick. He has a fever, headache, soar throat, soar tummy, cough...same thing as everybody else. He was up a few times in the night and this morning, apologized to me for getting me up so often. What a kiddo.

I'm hoping to make it to the city today; I've been trying to go for over a week now. There are a few specific toys I'd like to get Thumbelina for her birthday (this Sunday!!!), plus I need to stop at Michael's because Shaggy has been assigned a science project of the solar system. He wants to make a model using styraphoam balls and floam. And I still haven't gotten Thumbelina's OHIP yet. Slacker parent, I know. Actually, more like an exhausted parent who is just trying to make it through the day.

I'll shut-up now and leave you with some pictures:

Part of the Choir:


Government Official:


He's a star!


Really bad picture of me & Thumbelina:


Thumbelina and Husband:

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I hope Shaggy gets better soooon! And the play sounds CUTE!