Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm Excited!

I don't know if I've ever shared this with you or not, but I'm convinced that Shaggy has a form of dyslexia. Except none of the teachers at school, save one, believes me. They all say he needs to work harder. The one teacher that does seem to be in my corner (or was in the past when I needed someone to talk to) is the one whom I've asked to tutor my kids.


Not that you needed to know all that, consider it bonus material.


So today I googled dyslexia and found a place that helps kids and adults deal with dyslexia so that they can feel better about themselves and improve in school as well as in their every day lives. I e-mailed the guy in charge - who sounds like he has awesome qualifications - told him a little be about Shaggy and requested an assessment.


And he called me back.


On the Holiday Monday.


And after our conversation, I'm just so excited about having Shaggy assessed. This guy said that if nothing else happens other than the assessment, Shag will feel so much better about himself because he'll know that he's not the only one out there who struggles with things the same way he does.


So now I wait for the information packet to arrive, try to find this book and read it, and we will proceed from there. It's all very exciting!


AND


We had a playdate on Saturday with some of the people from our travel group. The cuteness was just too much to bear. Four little 12 month old Chinese girls, crawling over each other and playing together. So much fun. I will leave you with one picture...to make sure you come back to hear all about it...

3 comments:

AM said...

Oh I bet they had a blast playing together! Is that paper! Emma loves paper.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Adorable pictures! And I am so glad you're having Shaggy assessed! That's great! I hope it works out!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Tissue paper is one of Thumbelina's most favourite things.