Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Can I Get a Collective "Awe" Here?

Those of you that know me in real life know that I love to sing and sing solos and take part in other special music in church on a regular basis. Which means I practice almost daily for each performance. Except I can only practice at the piano when Thumbelina is safely strapped into her highchair because she flips out if I start to play the piano and sing without her. It started out that she needed to be sitting on my lap and playing right along with me. And then she graduated to sitting on the bench beside me. Now, I'm not even allowed near her...so if I start practicing, she comes running along and tries to pull me off so that she can 'practice'. Heh. No, it isn't a behavior I give in to, but suffuce it to say it's just easier on the both of us if I wait until she's in her highchair.

You needed to know all that for what I'm about to tell you.

This morning, Thumbelina was sitting on the bench in front of the Roland and was playing it, and figured out how to turn on the pre-recorded selections. So I peaked in on her, and she's sitting on the bench holding one of my voice exercise books, singing her little hear out. It was just mind-blowingly cute. And then she looked my way, so I clapped for her and told her I loved her singing. She grinned and continued with her practicing.

Ready? On the count of three: 1 - 2 - 3 - AWWEEE!!!

It really was on the cutest things I've ever seen.

6 comments:

D & S said...

Now that is cute!

Anonymous said...

OH YA! When she does it - "How Cute" ... When I do it - "How Annoying". I believe there is a double standard here!

Anonymous said...

ya Melvin, it's because of the outfit that you are wearing while singing and playing. Or should I say, lack thereof.

Now do you understand why that ain't cute?

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Okay, that truly is adorable! I would have loved to have seen that!

PS- How is your back doing?

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Okay, that truly is adorable! I would have loved to have seen that!

PS- How is your back doing?

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oops. I did that twice. Sorry. (guilty grin)