Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Woops!

Just pass the Bad Mother Award over my way, please.

This morning as the boys were getting ready for school, Zoomer said to me, "Aren't there any lunches?"

I answered him, "It's sub day today." I love pizza day and sub day, because I don't have to make lunches the night before.

Fast forward to this afternoon as we're driving home from school when Tigger said to me, "Why didn't you pack us a sandwich? Sub day isn't until tomorrow."

Seriously??

So now out of guilt I'm letting them eat chips for their after-school snack. And a peanut butter sandwich.

On the bright side, I don't have to make lunches for tomorrow either!

4 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oops. It's better than doing it to someone else's kid! One time I was babysitting and I FORGOT to feed the kid lunch! Can you believe it?

Sandra said...

This is my biggest fear! Just reading this, I was reminded that Jazzie only has a half day of school tomorrow, so I don't have to pack a lunch!

D & S said...

Oops. I hope they had some money to buy lunch.

Do you know how many times I make lunch for Shawn just to have him leave it behind or choose not to eat it because he wanted to go out with the boys instead? *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Nah, you can't have this Bad Mom Award, yet... since I'd have told my kids they can start making their own freakin' lunches because I obviously can't do it right anymore.

::pout pout::