Thursday, May 01, 2008

Boys

Wow - we're starting May off with multiple postings! Is it just me, or does it seem like Christmas wasn't all that long ago? And here the year is almost half over. Two hundred and forty-four days left.

So back to the subject at hand - boys. Is it just me, or are they not very bright? Or is it just my offspring that aren't very bright... Awhile back, some relatives were over to make sure the kids got to bed on time and didn't burn the house down while we were out- I'd like to say they babysat, but a certain 13-year-old wouldn't appreciate me saying he had babysitters, so I will just say that Mr. Happy and I had a previous engagement on the same day that various relatives came to our house. So after our said engagement was over and we were once again home, it was brought to our attention that the 13-year-old did not, in fact, go to bed at the appointed time, but stayed up and watched TV with the relatives. And rather than just run off to bed like said relatives were hoping he would, he made an appearance and let Mr. Happy and I know that he had not yet been sent off to bed. I really thought he was just being honest, but now I'm thinking he's just not very bright because he's a boy.

And to fully support my suppositions, I would like to present to you Exhibit A:


Let's take a closer, shall we?
Yes, that is ink, on a leather office chair. Thumbelina actually did the long stripes, but Tigger was the one who wrote Tigger's Chair. With pen. On an office chair. Not very bright. Because now he's not going to look very believable when we confront him with this transgression. I mean, he wrote his name on the chair; it will be hard for him to say he didn't do it. Unless of course he didn't do it and one of his brother's did it to try to get Tigger into trouble. But then that's just plain dumb because they're older and should know better. At least better than Tigger. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't Thumbelina...other than the stripes...even though she is a very bright toddler and can draw circles quite well, she just hasn't mastered her ABC's yet.
How does one get ink out of leather anyway?

4 comments:

Kelley said...

Oooh...wish I knew how to get that out. Poor guy really incriminated himself, didn't he?

D & S said...

Oh boy, that really wasn't too swift. Oh well...boys will be boys.

Anonymous said...

I googled ink on leather and found this suggestion. I really like the PS at the bottom. I have since read that you definately should not use hair spray but rubbing alcohol works. But do a test spot first to make sure the colour does not also come off.



My mother in law was staying and she left a pen on the couch. It moved of is own accord and drew a line across my cream couch. I found this site after using leather cleaner, vanish and vinegar. the hairspray worked a treat.
Thanks

PS: Can I use it on mother in law to make her vanish. (04/19/2007)

Kelley said...

Just popping back by to wish you a happy Mother's Day!