Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's Finally Happened

The measles and the mumps and the chicken bumps...

Have you ever heard that song? That's the only phrase I know and it's running through my head at the moment. How long has Tigger been wishing for chicken pox? It's been about 6 weeks now that he's been diligently checking for spots each day, right? Well. Wish no more, my friend, wish no more. He officially has the chicken spots, as he calls it. Is he excited? Heh. He was last night, but this morning he was in tears because, "I didn't the chicken spots would look like this! I thought they'd be the same colour as my skin!" Poor guy; and he only has about 2 spots that are starting to look gross. You know the kind...you can't help but get wide-eyed at the sight of them...and it's only the beginning...

I haven't taken his picture yet, but I will. Because I'm mean like that. I took Zoomer and Shaggy's pictures when they had the chicken spots, too, so it's tradition. I'll have to dig those pictures out and scan them for you. Shaggy was quite a mess.

So. I get to make jello today to make my spotted little friend feel better.

At least he can stop wishing now.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

This is probably the perfect time in life to teach Tigger that sometimes it can be a real bummer when you get what you wish for. :)
(Although that's only sometimes...other times it's completely awesome when you get what you wish for!) Poor guy! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures!

D & S said...

So he's learned the hard way being sick is no fun. Poor kid! I hope he feels better soon.