Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy First Long Weekend of Summer!

Here in the Great White North we are just wrapping up the first long weekend of summer - the Victoria Day Weekend - where typically barbeques are had and pools are opened for swimming. This weekend? Winter coats. And rain. So how did the Jaj's spend the holiday weekend? Mostly catching up on the homework that Tigger missed when he was off school last week. And I made up a chore schedule for the whole family, and so far everybody is excited about it. And willingly doing their chores.

Remember how I told you about this allergy test I had to take last week? With the 96 different foods I had to eat? Yah well, I postponed it because it just wasn't happening. Except now my test is tomorrow, and I'm still only a little half-ways through the list. But I do know that a filbert is a nut. A hazelnut, to be precise. And I don't like them. And almonds and sunflowers? Don't taste very good when they're not coated with the smokie saltie coating. And I still have 4-5 different varieties of fish to eat. Blech. And mushrooms. Blech. And goats milk. Blech. I wouldn't make a very good hippie.

And I've been invited to share pictures of our trip to China with the seniors at church tomorrow. So that's where I'll be at lunchtime. And even though I've had a month to prepare, Mr. Happy is helping me with a power point presentation right this very minute...or rather, Mr. Happy is doing the power point for me and I'm sitting here blogging. While eating Honey Comb (without the milk)...to get the taste of the filberts out of my mouth.

Wish me luck!

No comments: