Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Medley of Stuff

Yesterday, Miss Thumbelina decided that our day should start at 4:45. In the morning. Before any human being should ever be allowed up. Oy. As a result, I was crabby. Extremely. So much so that I just didn't want to go home, so I didn't. Thumbelina and I went to my Mom's instead, where I thought for sure we'd stay until she finished her morning nap. Oh what a fool I was. She had other plans that did not include napping of any sort. So then Muther and I decided to go for a drive to put the Little Miss to sleep, and we ended up at Wal Mart. Where we shopped. And Thumbelina had a Farley's cookie for lunch as she was wheeled throughout the store. Then, since we were in the same town as my Grandmuther, we decided to go visit her and Muther's sister - Aunt. We had a nice time with Grandmuther and Aunt and got back home in time to get the boys from school. But no happy nappy for Miss Thumbelina. Oh no. And remember, she'd been up since before 5:00. In the morning. We had take-0ut for supper and I was able to get her asleep by 6:30. In the evening.

But it was a long night. Extremely long. The longest we've experienced yet. So I'm thinking she had way too much stimulation, coupled with being extremely overtired.

Today she was up at her regular 6:15 ish. In the morning. And it was a more normal day with more normal happy nappy's.

*****
So this month the CCAA only sent out 2 days of referrals. 2 days. My heart goes out to everybody who didn't make the cut. It's mind-boggling, really.

*****
My friend, RDC, who was supposed to be in our travel group but was skipped because she was asked a question in the review room, is with her daughter Cassia in China right this moment! And what a sweetheart Cassia is! So precious. Congratulations RDC!!!

*****
I put pig tails in Thumbelina's hair today. She was not impressed. At all. Extremely unimpressed. And I gave her another Farley's after lunch, which, after she put it to her mouth, she threw down on her highchair with disgust. Have you ever seen an 11-month-old look disgusted? It's quite something. But she willingly ate an Arrowroot. Tigger at the Farley's when he came home from school. I know.

*****
We've convinced Thumbelina that it is okay to actually bring food to her mouth by herself. None of the babies in our group would put food in their mouths at first...but finally Thumbelina has overcome. Bring on the mess!

*****
We have had Thumbelina in our arms for exactly one month now, and I had a flowery post all planned out in my head, and there it sits. In my head.

*****
I do believe I'm out of things to talk about, so I'll sign off now.

I am so cute! Like my new shoes??


I can touch my head!


My Daddy is so silly, putting my tights on my head!


I am so embarrassed! My Mom didn't even wash my face!


What on earth did you do to my hair???

6 comments:

Roses said...

I haven't been by for a while, but OH! What a sweetie you have!

Thanks for posting pics!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh what a beauty you have. I love following your blog, it's great.

Wondering what advice you can offer about your agency Open-Arms?

We're just starting out in the process.

thx
Sandy

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Hi Sandy,

My favourite part about our agency is that while we were in China, our guide met us at the airport and stayed with us the entire 2 weeks. She was awesome. She took a lot of stress out of the trip just by being with us the entire time.

I've only heard good things about the 3 main agencies in the Great White North, so I'm sure whichever one you choose, you won't go wrong.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

She is such a Sweetie! I love Miss Thumbelina's hair up in pony tails...too cute!

Kelly said...

Hey, I didn't realize you had a blog! I was following your other one and then came upon this in your comments and was so happy to see how well you are all doing since you got back! Love to follow it.. you are hilarious and are making the wait much easier!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I'm a closet blogger =)