Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy April

Tigger has been enjoying April Fools Day - Mom, there's Tweety behind you! April Fools!!! This has been going on all day. He's quite the character.



Alfred's Mom asked how old Thumbelina is - she will be 11 months old on Friday. Her birthday is May 6. The 9 month sleepers that she wore home from China aren't fitting quite as roomily as they were a week ago; this girl has really grown in the 3 weeks since we've had her. As has her hair.



AM also mentioned that she'd like to hear how we are getting along with a little one. I love it! I love having a baby in the house again! I'm not loving the clutter and unswept floors and clothes everywhere, though. Today it's making me crazy. I told Zoomer that he needed to do the dishes for me this afternoon. He asked why. I said because I can't keep up. My dishwasher broke last fall and it hasn't been an issue, being without one, until this week; Husband is going to buy me a new one, hopefully tomorrow. We've started using paper plates, and we've been eating a lot of cereal for supper.



So we are very sleep deprived here at The Funny Farm. Last night Thumbelina went to bed at 8:00 pm, awoke at 11:30 pm and 12:30 am at which time I gave her a bottle, then awoke again at 2:30 am, 3:30 am and 4:30 am, at which time she had another bottle, and then she was up at 6:00 am for the day. Last night the poor little dear was screaming, but she wasn't awake. At least Husband said she wasn't awake. I was rocking her with my eyes closed. She starts out sleeping in the playpen beside our bed, but when she gets up for her bottle, I rock her in our bed and we fall asleep together. I do know this is normal behaviour for babies who have just recently joined their families, but I don't know if it would stop if I were alert and awake enough to put her back in the playpen.



It feels very much like having a newborn in the house, in that we're both getting to know each other and we're trying to figure out sleeping and a schedule.



There are a lot of people who decide not to let anybody (not even grandparents) hold their baby for the first 6 months after they are home, to help promote attachment and bonding. And that's great if that's their choice, but for our family we are letting close family members hold Thumbelina. We are still the only ones who will be doing her basic care, such as feeding, changing, bathing, etc., so she's knowing that the stupid nanny with glasses will change my bum, so I'll complain and hold my arms out to her, and the other stupid nanny tickles my belly and makes me laugh so I'll hold my hands out to him. That's my lame attempt at trying to be funny.



And because Cute One asked to see more pictures, here is a mini photo-shoot I did this morning of Thumbelina all dressed up and ready for her first appearance at church. We lost her bow in the Tran.









5 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

So SWEET!!! Your beautiful girl is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you thank you :) i feel so special! she is an angel! i can't imagine the sheer delight in having her around.
she's so darned cute!
may is an amazing month for birthdays, hers is comin' quick :) lol, tad biased cause mine is may as well :)

kitchu said...

Wow... she is ONE very, very adorable little girl!!

Priscilla said...

What a precious angel she is! She has big beautiful eyes.

Having a baby again is so wonderful, even with all the sleepless nights and screeming.

D & S said...

What a doll! I'm so very happy for you.