Friday, July 20, 2007

This Thing Called Sleep

It is eluding our household. And we are tired. And sick. Except for Thumbelina.

On Monday, the Little Miss decided that 4:21 am was the perfect time to start her day. No, that is not a typo. You'd think that she'd be exhuasted by 9:00 am right? Wrong. She only had an hour nappy throughout the day. She was, however, asleep by 6:30 that night. But then she awoke at 10:00 and was up until 3:00 am. In the morning. And I was up with her. And I could feel myself getting sick.

On Tuesday I was sick and took 2 antibiotics before I went to bed. They were Husband's, leftover from our trip to China. I know, I know, but I had an ear infection.

On Wednesday I went to the doctor to get my diagnosis of my ear infection and to get my own prescription. Which is the same drug that I had taken the night before, so all is well. I told Husband that I was not physically able to get up with Thumbelina during the night. I think they came to bed at 1:00 am.

On Thursday Little Missy was crabby crabby and nothing made her happy. She went to sleep by 8:00 last night, but was up from 11:00 to 2:00 am. In the morning. And me with her. She slept in her crib for 45 minutes and then woke up screaming. Screaming. And she was so upset that she had to sleep on top of me. On top of me.

And my ear still hurts.

And I don't know how to help her sleep better.

2 comments:

D & S said...

The not sleeping situation is not good. My nephew had the same issues, he just did not like to go to sleep or stay asleep. I'll see what I can find out for you from my sister. Maybe some of her tips will help you out.

AM said...

Im gonna assume you wouldnt like my advice. And by no means do I think my advice is BEST and by no means would I think any different of you for feeling the oppososite way. And since THumbelina is still "new" to you and your family, maybe that is why you havent tried this idea.

Cry it out. Don't "let" her play during bedtime hours. "Make" her stay in her crib.

I know, easier said than done, but wanted to share.