Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm Back

We had a nice time away at Grand Bend. Yes, Grand Bend. The place where police were searching all week for a guy wanted in a triple murder. Police were everywhere, as well as copper choppers flying overhead every single day. Reminded me of when we went to Florida last October and the police were looking for an escaped convict inside the compound. Scroll down and read about Sunday's happenings if you don't want to read all of our Sunny Adventures. The first paragraph is pretty funny though.

So back to our holidays. We swam, we beached, we ate, we mini-golfed, we (not me) 18-hole golfed, we ate some more, we shopped, and Thumbelina slept! Slept, people, slept! Maybe she was just worn out from the day's activities, or maybe she just likes sleeping with her Mamma in a double bed without the Daddy...do you remember the show from the early 90's called Dinosaurs? And the baby dinosaur always called the Dad "Not the Mommy"? Heh. Anyway, our sleeping arrangments were not ideal, but they worked. And last night's sleep was pretty horrible, so I told Husband this morning that we either need to get two double beds or a king-sized bed. There isn't room for either so it isn't going to happen.

I'll get to the good stuff now and give you pictures:

First time at the beach:

Miss Thumbelina was not a fan of the sand and would only sit on my lap while she gingerly tested it with her toes (and yes that is the stroller wheel you see...do you know how hard it is to drag a stroller through beach sand? It's futile):

Such form:

My offspring:


Husband:

Quite awhile ago, Zoomer taught Thumbelina a really funny face. That same day I was quite frustrated with the boys, so I held my hands up, made a similar face and said These boys are driving me crazy! So now she does her own version of the Frustrated Face:


I crack myself up:

Swimming at the pool:

On the way to the beach:

This lady was staring at us, grinning, until I got my camera out to take pictures of the boys in the water, and I mean from the moment we got there, got our stuff set up and situated, and the boys got into the lake and I started snapping pictures she was staring at us:

It was a little chilly:

Miss Thumbelina likes sand:

Copper Chopper keeping us safe:

Enjoying lunch at Tim's:

I like taking close-ups:

Unfortunately, not everybody is a fan:

But Tigger is:

Learning to play golf:

She plays like I do - grab the ball and plop it in the hole:

And thus concludes this summer's holidaying delight.

5 comments:

D & S said...

I can't believe you were in the same area as a triple murderer! Yee gads! Glad you all got back home safe and sound. Looks like everyone had a great time despite the breakout.

kitchu said...

Sounds like you had a great time even with a convict on the loose!!
(Did I READ that right?)!

The pics are wonderful!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That looks like SO much fun, despite escaped convicts and such. I love the pictures on the golf course, and the "frustrated face". Tee hee.

AM said...

Wow! Lots of fun. ANd you captures some great pictures of all your kids! I love that Frustrated expression thumbelina has. Too cute.

Anonymous said...

lol Judy, you sure know how to pick exciting vacation spots!! Great pics, looks like a fun vacation!

Julie
Mommy to Thomas and Emma