Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back to Normal

So the big storm we got the other night was nothing more than just a little noise and light show. No power outages. No big wind. Although what do I know, really...I was all snug in my bed and didn't have to brave the elements. And the boys survived, even being away from home. Tigger needed comforting, apparently, because the hydro went out at camp...and he told me he was crying on Friday because he was homesick...but he's already talking about going back next year, so all is well.

Tonight at church, our Pastor wanted people to give testimonies about answered prayer. I have one. I've been praying that my house would stay clean for more than a few hours at a time. Really I have. This past week, it stayed clean all week. We're talking 6 days! Of course Shaggy and Tigger weren't home at the time...and no, I didn't testify about my particular answer to prayer because I really don't think that's what our Pastor was after. Giggling during testimony time is usually frowned upon.

So we're back to normal (hence the title of this post) with the jammies being left on the floor and the cupboard doors being left open and the toilet not getting flushed...with 4 kids, sometimes I feel like I'm just going in circles. For a while I was putting any clothing left on the floor into the laundry...but that just generated extra laundry for me. I'm not sure what the solution to that is...Husband said I'm expecting too much by simply telling them what I want done. He's a lot of help. You know Pig-Pen from Charlie Brown? That's one of my childs.

I cleaned Shaggy and Tigger's bedroom while they were gone, and took out 2 garbage bags full of garbage and broken toys. You can tell a lot about a person by what they keep under their bed. Tonight I caught Tigger trying to shove the shirt he had just taken off under his bed with his foot. He was doing it very discreetly, but doing it none-the-less.

I really don't think this post could get any more boring, so I'm signing off now and going to bed. Night.

No comments: