Thursday, August 09, 2007

Tis Officially Birthday Season

Birthday Season has begun once again here in Jajville and we now officially have a teenager living amongst us. So far so good. I hear they can be pretty temperamental at times, but ours has been quite accomodating and cooperative thus far.

We had a little birthday party for him with all his peers - no girls allowed - we're still feeding him the line that girls have cooties...except for his sister and mother of course...and our teenager is now the proud owner of a digital camera. Which he loved. And which he thanked me for hours later. Just out of the blue thanked me for it. The theme was a pool party...since we have a pool and it is summer...just seemed to make sense. Plus, we figured we'd stick the kids in the pool all afternoon and they could entertain themselves. A win-win situation.

So pictures:



Pizza Hut lunch:


Princess Thumbelina:


Our teenager:


Birthday parties are enough to wear one out:


The cake (and no, it was not an original idea):


More presents - notice the wrapping? A shopping bag, no doubt wrapped by a teenage boy:


The crew:


What do you mean no more cake?!?


I want more cake!!!

I have some blog posts floating around in my head, so remind to tell you about the dog with nine lives before it gets lost. In my head. The post I mean, not the dog.

3 comments:

D & S said...

Happy birthday to your teenager! Hope he had a great day.

crazylady said...

thanks for 'getting' my post.
I think I will lose viewers sheerly because they don't understand my point sometimes.
I have been here. Recall the dresses on your header and Thumbelina.

Seeing the boy use a grocery bag to wrap the gift was well worth my visit. I may linger, pause and repeat soon.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Okay, you have just given me the BEST IDEA EVER for a cake for my son's next birthday. He's really into scuba stuff. THANKS!

Happy birthday to your new teenager!