Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Weekend Recap

Two posts in one day! Are you guys lucky or what.


On Friday, Husband whisked me away to a fancy schmancy dinner sans children. It was actually a gift from the in-laws for my birthday, and they paid for the meal...or most of it...and babysat. And it might even be for Husband's birthday, too...because they spent an awful lot of money on the gift certificate. Too much for just lil ole me. Anyhoo, we went to the port of Dover to a place called David's and let me tell you, it was delish. Who knew small towns could have such upscale restuarants. And we actually saw a guy there with his wife that I went to high school with. I have no idea if they saw us or not, they were in a different section but we would have been in plain sight of them...but they weren't in our sight unless we turned around because Husband and I sat side by side sose we could watch the lake do it's lakey stuff...but they came in after us and left before us, which makes me think maybe they did see us and wanted to avoid us. His wife doesn't like me. I think it's all rather comical. Confused? Yah, me too.


On Saturday we hosted a playdate for some of our travel group, except one family had an illness and was not able to make it. And it was Thumbelina's BFF who couldn't come, so we were quite disappointed. The other 2 babies are growing and getting hair and are just cute beyond words. Everyone is walking now, even Thumbelina, and Baby M is running. Except she can't stop, so she uses her arms to stop her momentum. Which isn't good if there's another little person her size doing the actual stopping. But it's funny to watch. I've always found humor in people falling down, even my own kids.


Sunday was my actual birthday, which makes me another year older. The fam treated me well and took me out to Chinese for lunch. In between lunch and church, I spent the rest of the day doing laundry so that Shaggy and Tigger would have clean clothes to wear for their week of camp.


Which brings us to yesterday. Which was Monday. And I had to send my youngest son off to a week of camp. For the first time. And he didn't want to go. He did, but he didn't. And I wanted him to, but I wanted him to stay home. So I was quite sad all day. Zoomer thought it was a little odd that I was crying...Husband said what I needed was some retail therapy (he's a keeper), so he took me to the growing city and we supped at Boston Pizza and shopped at the Mart of Wal. Retail therapy really does a girl some good. I bought a birthday present for Shaggy (poor guy loves birthdays the most out of all of us, and his is last in the birthday season) and a few more toys for Thumbelina. I bought her a Princess wand, ages 3+ ... it plays music and lights up and she loves it almost as much as she loves her ball. Which is saying a lot. When she saw it in the store, her eyes lit up and she grabbed it out of my hands. Unfortunately, we had to listen to the music all the way home. All. the. way. home.


And you've already read about the big excitement that occured during the night. And AB, if I suddenly get a big expensive belated birthday present, I'll know where it came from.

Enjoy the pictures!

Baby M:



Baby E:


Thumbelina:


Babies playing soccer with the big kids:


Mammas and Babies:


Oooo, a Princess wand...I wonder if I can turn my brother into a frog...:


I command you to bring me a bottle:


Hi-Yah!


I challenge you to a duel:


But I don't recommend you bonk yourself on the head:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

As for the big expensive gift, I have made a donation in your name to the "Bug" foundation. This gift provides food and fun for two very appreciative Bugs.

I thought that this was making the best use of the money that I recently "found".

AM said...

I'd like to say that I had your name down on my birthday calendar, so I KNEW it was coming up, and magically, I missed your birthday. BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

That resturant looks FANCY! Even the vegetarian dish was pricey! Wow! That's a great gift!

ANd THumbelina is precious as always! :)