Friday, August 24, 2007

Storms!

Husband and I were just relaxing on the couch, flipping through the channels on the tube, and noticed there were some tornados in the Detriot area...with the bad weather headed directly for us. So of course I had to take a picture of the radar to show you. Doesn't look too bad on the screen, so hopefully it won't be too bad in real life. Although there does seem to be a lot of lightening...and Buddy, my fearless Jack Russel, is sitting on my foot. Why is it that the dog with the biggest growl, is a big ole fraidy-cat in a storm?

Husband is off hooking tractors to the generators in case of an impending power outage.


And I'm worried about Shaggy and Tigger, because by the looks of the radar, they're in the worst of it now, or shortly just past the worst. And they freak out over storms. Freak out. As in cling to me because they're worried about tornados. So of course I'm feeling especially bad since I can't be there to comfort them. But I get to pick them up tomorrow, so we'll just have to suck-it-up, Buttercup. Hahaha. That phrase is from the Kayak Family and I've started saying to my boys. Cracks me up every time, but then again, I'm easily amused.



So. Storms. We had a doozy the other night and Thumbelina slept through it. Oh sure, she wakes when Anderson Cooper isn't on TV, but not for a thunderstorm. Did I tell you she's sleeping not too badly now? We put her to bed in the playpen in the living room with CNN on all night. She usually awakens at some point in the night, and quite often will go back to sleep after a brief crying spell. Other nights, she needs comforting and a big soft bed to sleep in. A few weeks ago, Anderson Cooper was on holidays, and Thumbelina didn't sleep well at all that week. Hey, what can I say - he's easy on the eyes and the ears.








And the thunder has arrived.

4 comments:

Kelley said...

I think we had some of those storms earlier today before they headed your way...several big limbs down, along with lots of Bradford Pear trees, but nothing else bad this way...hope things go well for you guys!!

Darling pictures BTW!!!

Kelley said...

I think we had some of those storms earlier today before they headed your way...several big limbs down, along with lots of Bradford Pear trees, but nothing else bad this way...hope things go well for you guys!!

Darling pictures BTW!!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Stay well, you guys! That last pic is REALLY good!

crazylady said...

Yup, Toronto was all clear this weekend.
Must come here for weekend forcasts.