Monday, August 13, 2007

Office Oopsies

Have you ever made a faux paux at your place of employment? You know, you send an e-mail to the wrong person or something? That very same thing happened to a good friend of mine today...and when she told me about it I laughed and laughed and laughed...and laughed so hard I almost fell off of my chair as the tears were rolling down my face. Good times. Good times.

Oh, so you all want to know what she did? Well, let me tell you. She wrote an e-mail to me today; nothing new about that, we communicate back and forth quite often. She works for Husband's company, but in a different location. If she worked in my office, we'd never get any work done other than scrapbooking, and I don't think Husband would be too appreciative of that. So back to Lola. The e-mail she sent me was a question about the company, had an inside joke kind of poking fun at me, but the funny part was that she sent it Fil (aka Father-in-law). To Fil! AND he replied back to her!!! As if he was really the intended recipient!!! So I'm laughing at her embarrassement. Could you imagine if it was an off-coloured joke of some sort!

So we both had a good laugh about it. I'm not so mean as to laugh at other people's mistakes...at least not openly to their face unless they're laughing with me. And when I told Husband about it? He smiled. Smiled people. That's how funny it was.

Thus I will leave you with pictures of my favourite office assistant:




She really devours the task at hand:


And just because she's so cute:

4 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Cute office assistant. :-) Does she take dictations too?

Dawn said...

Your office assistant is sure a cutie-pie!! What great photos!!! In the photo of your daughter in her high chair, I see that she likes to feed herself, just like our Courtney Mei!!

~Dawn

Anonymous said...

That sure is one cute assistant!

Julie
Mommy to Thomas and Emma

AM said...

Yep, been there. At my old office we had an instant message service we all could use to communicate in case we were on the phone and someone had a question. I IM'ed a friend and said something like "I dont know why she didnt just bring the package to me instead of telling me where it was" and I IM'ed it to the person I was talking about instead. HORRIBLE. I tried to play it off, but I remember the feeling of my heart STOPPING.