Thursday, August 30, 2007

Clarification

Lest you think we live in squallor, I feel I must clarify the post below...

I do not go to bed with dishes in the sink or with a messy counter. Usually. I can't handle seeing clutter when I get up in the morning. And I tidy up the living room and bathrooms before retiring for the night. Usually. But I do have 4 kids. And they are home for the summer, so by the time Yram comes in the morning to clean...well, you know...there'd still be breakfast all over the counter, Thumbelina would be in her highchair eating, and as she is learning to feed herself and will not eat if I offer her food on a spoon, it is messy. Messy.

So when Yram complained that there was clothes and toys and food all over, yes there were clothes and toys on the floor of Shaggy and Tigger's bedroom (I gave it a thorough cleaning when they were at camp and it is still clean - yay!) and yes, there were baby toys on the living room floor, because I do have a baby and she does play with toys, and yes there was food all over the floor because the baby is a messy eater. Really messy.

I told my girlfriend that my goal is to have a company-ready house at all times. She told me it was a pipe dream.

Anyway, I feel sad that Yram left angry, and I'm worried that my neighbour will be mad at me, and I have a feeling that when I go get groceries tonight I will have to buy chocolate. Or chips. They should make Joe Louis flavoured chips. I'd buy them. A lot.

3 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I think you need a housekeeper that doesn't expect a house to be a museum! OF COURSE it looks like people live in it....um....they DO!

Go ahead, buy chocolate.....buy some for me too, while you're at it.....

4D said...

A bit of an odd duck...she wants it clean for her to clean it.

Chocolate fixes a lot of things. Buy lots!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

I think Melvin should apply for the position. What do you think Melvin? I can just picture you in high heels, an apron and feather duster!! :0