Friday, October 26, 2007

Angst and Oy

It's school picture day. Need I say more?

You'd think having 3 boys in school, we wouldn't have angst and oy over picture day, but we surely did this morning. Zoomer is old enough to look after his own clothing, and he chose the silk shirt we bought in China. Pure silk. Made from the silk worm. For a teenager. I don't know what I was thinking at the time I bought it - it's a beautiful shirt - I must have been whacked out on something...too much pizza topped with corn and peas maybe...don't laugh, it actually tasted good. I'm not happy with his choice of t-shirts he chose to wear underneath his silk, but I didn't bother to mention it because it was just a battle I would not have won.

I asked Shaggy what he wanted to wear today - a suit. I said no. We agreed on a church shirt and tie. Yesterday I found some old ties of my Dad's in the basement - Recycle Matters stopped by and took away many many bags of clothing that we no longer need, so in the midst of packing up clothing to give away, I found the ties - and of course, smack-dab in the middle of the tie that Shaggy chose to wear today was a stain. So we went to tie #2. Same thing. And tie #3 as well. And he doesn't like the 4th tie, but it is free of stains so he's stuck with it. Apparently my Dad was not the neatest of eaters when wearing ties.

I asked Tigger what he wanted to wear today - his chicken costume for the Harvest Party. Need I bother to tell you what my answer was? He's stuck wearing what I gave him to wear. Except last night when I was doing laundry, there were no school pants to be found for him. In the clean laundry nor the dirty laundry. I finally did find a pair that worked. I think when I had him clean his room the other day, he must have just shoved all his clothes under his bed. And I did lift the blanket to look under his bed, but I didn't get on my hands and knees to make sure nothing was shoved way back there.

Thumbelina and I are going to go shopping today. We need to buy some props for Shaggy's Harvest Party costume - he's going to be a sack of potatoes. The theme this year is Farming/Harvest. Tigger is a chicken. Let me rephrase that - Tigger's costume is a chicken. Here, this will help:

Chicken Little?:

No, it's just a bogus chicken farmer:

My brothers are so embarrassing:

Liberace's got nuthin' on me:

Like my trippin' piggie tails?

3 comments:

4D said...

Nifty costume ideas.

The pigtails are super sweet.

Keep smilin!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Okay, I'm reallllly glad now that I don't have to do the school picture thing. Chaos and mayhem, that's what it sounds like.....ugh.

Are you gonna post them? :-)

Mr. danger said...

ithink i want a chicken soup