Monday, October 29, 2007

Hailey Update

Thank you for your kind thoughts and words and for praying for Hailey and her family.

I talked with my sister-in-law after school today; Hailey had a blood transfusion yesterday and responded well to it. There are 2 acute types of leukemia (AML and ALL); Hailey has both but moreso the ALL, so they will be giving her the treatment for ALL, which is a 2 year treatment. She will be having a port put in tomorrow and at some point in the near future, they will be checking her bone marrow.

I asked Sylvie (my sister-in-law) how Brian & Becky knew that Hailey was sick, and she had asked them the same thing. Last Sunday, their sister visited with Brian & Becky and mentioned that Hailey looked pale...but she does have blonde & blue-eyed parents...and then the sister noticed a bruise on Haileys head and asked how she got it. Brian & Becky didn't know how she got it, and then that night there was a bruise on her bottom. They took her in to emerg...emerg tried to take blood but had trouble due to all the baby chub, but managed to get some through her jugular and said it was thick. They said that if she wasn't better by Friday, then she needed to see her Family Doctor. So on Friday, her family doctor sent her to the Children's Hospital for tests, and came in at 10:00 that night with a box of kleenex.

How your life can change in a matter of hours. But we know that God hears and answers prayer - just look at Tigger.

On the homefront, we had a busy weekend which was a lot of fun, so you can look forward to pictures tomorrow. Trust me, the pictures are cute. Cute cute cute.

6 comments:

kitchu said...

Thanks for the update, I will continue to pray for little Hailey.

AM said...

Dear Lord that is suprising news to get! A 7 month old! Not fair at all. although I am sure Emma is fine, I will worry from now on about mysterious bruises.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

You know what? I've been doing the same thing - examing Thumbelina's skin and noticing things that I hadn't noticed before.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Oh My...so sad, Let Becky, Brian and baby Hailey know ther are are being thought of here in New Hampshire...Good Grief..This so not fair..especially to such a young baby...I bet Baby Hailey is one heck of a fighter!
(Chin Up))

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Such a good post. I love when you wrote, "How your life can change in a matter of hours." That is OH so true. But the next statement was even better- "But we know that God hears and answers prayer." Amen!

Priscilla said...

This is heartbreaking.

They have a long scary road ahead of them I'm afraid. They'll need all the support they can get. I'll be praying for this precious family.