Sunday, October 21, 2007

I've Irritated My Son

There's this card game that we used to play waaayyyy back when we were teens, and all I remember is mass chaos as people are trying to trade cards and yelling out 2 - 2 - 2 or 3 - 3 - 3 or how many cards they want to trade.

So Zoomer was telling me he was playing Dutch Blitz. And I asked him if that was the game where you yell out 2 - 2 - 2 to trade cards. And he said, No, you asked me that the last time I played Dutch Blitz. And I said, Well what's that game where you yell out 2 - 2 - 2? And he said, I don't know.

So he's continuing to tell me about the game and in the middle of his sentence, I said, Rook! Is it Rook where you shout out 2 - 2 - 2? And he said, I don't know. I've never played Rook.

And he's still trying to tell me about the game and again I interrupted him and said, Maybe we played it with Dutch Blitz cards. I just remember shouting out 2 - 2 - 2 and trying to trade.

He left the room.

Seriously - what game am I thinking of???

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would that be Pit? If I remember right, that's the bogus game where you have oh I don't know, cards that are either Barley, Flax, or other crops and you try to trade stuff you don't want to get stuff you do want? Of course, I remember the secondary objective of trying to introduce more pandemonium than the game already had. With the cards flying around, it wasn't too hard to take cards without giving out any at all. Add to that the smack talk that you could slip into all the yelling. Basically, the game was whacked.

Good times

We are the ones who introduced Zoomer to Dutch Blitz. Props to him for picking it up so quickly and trying to get you in on it. Give it a chance - it has all the pandemonium, but requires more thought and focus. It's best to have 4 people - that's when things really start trippin.

I even recall they used to sell the game in a certain small store in your little town.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Pit! Of course! Do you have a Pit game? We should play that at the next gathering.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'm pretty sure we do have a Pit game. I'll have to remember to bring it to the next "gathering". Why does that sound so , oh I don't know, ominous for lack of a better word.

Anonymous said...

Can I play?

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be in the pit too!!

Can I ....can I ....huh?!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

We all played Pit in my family too. It got pretty violent, though. I mean, people would jump over the table and wrestle each other. :-)

Anonymous said...

Frankly, I like the game you were playing where you keeping saying, "What's that card game where you yell 2-2-2?"

That one sounded like fun. ;-)