Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Carpe Diem

Yesterday we went back to the Fair. And we actually had a good time, despite the near triple digit temperatures and the crowds of people. I can honestly say that yesterday was the first time I've ever in my life come home from the County Fair with a suntan. We're usually wearing our long-johns and parkas. I kid you not. And the poeople! What's wrong with today's society when everybody goes to the Fair instead of staying home enjoying their turkey dinner?

So yes, we lived for the moment, enjoying the sun, the rides, the games, candy apples (only Tigger - Shaggy got himself grounded from anything remotely resembling candy) and pogo sticks. Life can't get much better than that. We even saw old friends that we haven't seen since I think our wedding. He was known as Pond Scum in high school. Terrible, isn't it? And to this day the nickname Pond Scum always comes to mind when I think of him.

One other thing before I let you get back to work - why do the gaming people at the fair insist on wearing freaky costumes? Seriously, my heart skips a beat when I see someone walking down the midway all decked out in black, with a black flowing cape and a ghoulish mask on. What are they trying to hide? Not to mention it scares the little kids as well. I guess mostly me, though, because my kids never mentioned anything about them.

Anyoo, enjoy your day!

2 comments:

4D said...

Sounds like fun!

It was very much Fall here.

Keep smilin!

Priscilla said...

I did not realize that you were Canadian!

I was born in Ottawa, but raised in California.

HI!