Friday, October 19, 2007

TGIF

It's been a very long week here in Jaj-ville. Each day I awoke thinking it was the next day; imagine my disappointement when I realized there were still 4 more days left of the week. Last night I did not sleep well. There was a smell keeping me awake, and I can't put my finger on what it was. Mr. Happy was slumbering blissfully. The smell was unpleasant, hence why I kept waking up smelling it...I was even beginning to wonder if a mouse had died somewhere in a wall. Despite the outdoor traps, the mice are finding their way back into the house; I haven't seen any evidence of them yet, but I have heard them running about.

This morning one of the child's woke up very grumpy. Extremely grumpy. Actually, I woke up grumpy when I should have let him sleep. Haha. Good one, Jaj! I feel bad for his teacher. He seems to be having a rough week and just loses it for no reason. Really, when your little brother leans against the wall and accidentally turns the light off, that isn't a good reason to scream. At least Thumbelina wakes up with a smile every day.

Thumbelina is enjoying her breakfast at the moment - mandarin oranges, grapes, toddler o's, cookie...actually the cookie made it's way to the floor. She's not a cookie person. Last week, when we were on our shopping expedition, she ate a goodly portion of her BFF's watermelon. I was finally able to procure some yesterday. It isn't as easy to find now that it's not in season. Mr. Happy bought the wrong kind of fruit last week because of the watermelon shortage - mixed fruit - with pineapple, peaches, pears...Miss Thumbelina was not at all happy with it and ate everything except the pineapple. Oh, and she likes bananas too. So why am I telling you all this? I really don't know. My brain seems to be all mushy due to the lack of sleep, and for some bizarro reason, I thought you might find it interesting. But I'm bored to tears so you must be too. And since I've already spent the last few minutes typing this out, it's staying.

Today I might start making the Christmas gifts for my nursery workers. Which means I get to do some scrapbooking! I am making a little booklet type thingy, that they can fill up with 10 pictures or so. That's the plan, anyway.

Thumbelina is finished with her breakie and needs me to clean her up now. Happy Friday.

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Christmas gifts already? You're too organized! :-)

It's GOOD that she's eating all that fruit! :-)