Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Acorn Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree

This morning, Shaggy told me he made up a Valentine's Poem:



If you were a booger,
I'd pick you first!
Happy Valentine's Day


It told him he was disgusting. And then I broke out in laughter. Why oh why oh why did I end up with the grossest child? Seriously. He does keep us on our toes.

So the House of Flu is no more. Mostly. Although I still can't quite drink coffee yet. Shocked, aren't you. And the smell of food makes me leave the room. I can't handle it. I can drink coke, and that's about it. My teeth aren't really liking all the syropy sweetness left behind on them, but at this point, I don't have any other choice. And thank you all for your get-well wishes, except for AB. I think that was uncalled for. You know what I mean. The rest of the Funny Farm seems to be on the mend as well.

Did you realize that we leave for China in 15 days??? Fifteen. FIFTEEN. There is currently an explosion of pink in my dining room. I'm getting sleepers and onesies ready to wash. And clothes ready to be packed. I have a lot of denim for Thumbelina.

I bought the highchair and carseat yesterday. I was holding out for cutesie-cutesie-girlie, but couldn't find anything in my stupidly small town, so I just went with generic ones from Zellers. This way I can use my Zellers points to buy a kitchen playset for Thumbelina for Christmas...I'm thinking she'll be too little to enjoy it for her first birthday in May.

And because I haven't posted her picture in ages, I thought I'd leave you with the sight that melts my heart every day:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIFTEEN DAYS? wasn't it just yesterday that it was like MONTHS away? oh u must be so super dee dooper psyched to meet her, bring her home, make it all a reality :) happy happy joy joy :)
can't wait to hear how the trip went, how thumbelinas doing, how you are all doing :) yay for everyone feeling better, thats amazing to hear, hopefully the worst hit so that in 15 days ur all healthier then ever to travel :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is funny!!!!!

Love seeing those pictures again.