Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

So many great things are happening today. It's Valentine's Day. What better day is there? Even if you don't have a significant other to share it with, you can gorge yourself on chocolate and not feel guilty!!!

It's a snow day. Didn't I tell you it'd be snow day today? Yay! I got to sleep in until 7:30!!! Woohoo! I didn't have to make lunches!!! Woohoo! Check back in here at 10:00, I'm sure by then my Woohoos! will be Woos. Zoomer is working in the barn today with Husband, Shaggy is outside playing, and Tigger just got up and is watching cartoons and eating breakfast. Life is good. AND, I'm having vanilla cream in my coffee this morning. We're out of regular cream. But vanilla is special and it's a special day. So Woohoo!

But you know what else? Today is my anniversary. 15 years ago we were married. I look back at our pictures and think My Gosh we were just children. Children! What were our parents thinking, letting us get married so young! At the time we were like What's the big deal? But now? Now we have a child who is only 8 years away from the age his Father was when he got married. I shiver just thinking about it and it makes me nausious.



So I will leave you with some wedding pictures. I loved my dress.




Not ever thinking I'd have a daughter, I didn't keep my dress. I donated it to a company in Toronto that sells them and/or re-uses the material; all the proceeds go to help send children with cancer to summer camp.

It's all good.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day & Happy Anniversary!

15 years ... Kudos to your husband!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Thank you JB!

What's that supposed to mean, AB?

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you. Nice picture - wish I could have been there at the time - would have loved to have been in the wedding party, maybe as the best man or something.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, computer error ... should have read "Kudos to you and your husband".

Dang technology!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Whatever.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I get it. Well done AB! Kudos to you!

AM said...

Wow! What a dress! Love the long train. Pretty pictures. Your husband looks like a boy! I mean that as just an observation. Very young looking. And I know better than to say you looked young too, because you are still young! :)

Anonymous said...

Husband was just a boy. He married a much older woman!!

Cradle robber!

Anonymous said...

So...on snow days you don't feed your children? Hey, if it helps with the food budget then I guess you are entitled to do this occasionally. I hope you don't have another snow day tomorrow, poor children will be very hungry.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Anonymous - show your face!!! Them are fighting words!!!

Melvinette - stop being so weird...you know what I meant - I didn't have to make lunches this morning before I was awake, so send with them to school.

Anonymous said...

You can make lunches in your sleep?! Neato! Can you teach me how to do that?

But, the last time we had a fire in the home they didn't beleive me when I said that I was asleep the whole time. :(

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines day Melvinette!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Melvin!! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. You really are a special person!

Anonymous said...

Oh...and Happy Valentines Day to you too, Melvin!

Anonymous said...

I just realized something. Based on your wedding dress, you were freakishly tall! If you don't mind me asking, did you have leg reduction surgery?

Thumbelina's Mom said...

You are so weird. That's what high heels are for.

Rhonda said...

Happy anniversary!

Richmond said...

Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing them.