Monday, February 26, 2007

I Am Raising Hill-Billies

It's true. My children are Hill-Billies. Husband said they're beyond being Hill-Billies.

On Saturday, Fil called from Florida to talk to the boys. Shaggy decided to put him on speaker phone in the kitchen, Husband and I were in the office doing work. Yes, on Saturday. It's never-ending. So since Fil was on speaker phone we could hear most of the conversation. And then I heard Tigger say, Just a minute Grampa, I have to go to the washroom. And then silence because Shaggy had wandered off to watch TV by this time. And I looked at Husband and incredulously asked, Did Tigger just leave your Dad on speaker phone to go to the washroom?? That's disgusting! We could hear noises, so we knew Tigger had left the bathroom door open. He left the bathroom door open while he was talking on speaker phone. And it's so embarrassing I don't even know why I'm telling you all. I just looked at Husband and said, Oh my Gosh. We are raising Hill-Billies.

Yesterday morning after church, a little kid was eating a tart, but got crumbs everywhere on the floor. So Tigger squatted down and started eating crumbs. Off of the floor. Crumbs.

Hill-Billy.

Shaggy is now all of a sudden, somewhat aware of his appearance. As of yesterday, he's started parting his hair down the middle. Looks really cute, too. And he doesn't like it when I set out his clothes for him in the morning. If he doesn't have a clean shirt in his closet, he goes down to the laundry room in search of one. And puts on a dirty shirt that Zoomer wore the day before. A dirty shirt. That his brother has already worn.

Hill-Billy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

first, i don't know how u post at 5:30 in the morning, holy
second, ur kids sound way too cute & like way too much fun
third, i'm sure after all those incidents, ur super duper excited to have a girl around, who hopefully will not pick up her brothers hill billy tendancies
fourth, i don't know how u do it, 3 boys, ur husband, ur totally surrounded :)
hope your week goes well :) must be getting pretty darned excited :)

t~ said...

Not sure if it's a hillbilly thing or a boy thing??? I've got hillbilly in my WV genes and I'm raising boys and I think it's all the same! =0)

Anonymous said...

That's an insult to all Hill-Billies nation wide! We don't eat crumbs off the floor. The dog does that ...and then we get the left-overs.
Nor do we wear dirty shirts our brother has worn the day before....we prefer to wear our sister skirts with army boots.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Lola? Is that you?

D & S said...

That was too funny. Hopefully they'll grow out of they'll grow out of their hillbilliness soon.

Anonymous said...

You dun nailed that one billie-sue bubba cept for the shirt. Cant say I recall when I last wore one of them doo hickeys. This here funny farm sounds like a right nice place to live. I even heard they got them some pigs! Sue eee!