Friday, February 02, 2007

I Feel Out of Touch

I miss blogging every day. But until I can figure out how to make everything work, I'm afraid it will be hit and miss. My assistant is doing well. I've started teaching her the accounting program. My office is clean and organized. The file room is clean and organized. My desk is messy. I'm going to try harder to have a clean desk to match the rest of the office.

I feel bad about blogging during the day while my assistant is working. Actually not so much the feeling bad part as the keeping my blog a secret part. I don't even read anybody else's blogs during the day because I just don't want to start the whole blog conversation. So instead I sit and pine away and wonder what everybody is up to.

Okay, enough blathering.

Husband's ring has been found! Yay!!! Apparently it was 'found' on the floor by one of the shower doors, leaning up against the baseboard. Which means after it 'fell' off of the fridge, it had to roll around two corners, up two steps, and across 40 feet of open floor. That is one impressive ring! And since I bought an 18 carat ring, it is soft and isn't a circle any more - more of an egg shaped (I should have stuck with 10 carat gold). Wanna guess who found it? The newest guy of whom everybody is suspicious. I almost ended that sentence in a preposition. That wouldn't have been very good. We're pretty sure somebody took it and then felt guilty and brought it back. Who knows if it was the newest guy or not. I'm still sad that it was taken, but I'm really, really glad that it's back!

Shaggy is still sick. I took him to the doctors yesterday thinking he had bronchitis, but he has an infection of his pharynx. It was bright, bright red. Poor guy. I feel bad that he's missed so much school, and I've been busy working during the day instead of making him do homework...he seems to be perky for part of the morning and then after lunch, he's wiped out and exhausted and lays on the couch for the rest of the day. I may have been a tad too hasty in my perceptions of his teacher because she called him yesterday at lunch time to see how he was feeling. I'm just confused by it all, really. At one time I thought we were friends but her actions these last few weeks have told me otherwise.

So. On with something new.

My Tran is ready!!! And I can't pick it up until this afternoon!!! The anticipation...the excitement...the joy! It's a good thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Im SO glad your husband found his ring! What is it with our husbands loosing their rings?? I always thought I would be the one to loose my ring. Thankfully, not yet!

Hey! Will you get any more updates pics on Thumbelina? Do you know if she sits, crawls etc? Id be SO CURIOUS.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I would love to get some updated pics of her, but I don't know if we will or not. According to her report, she sounds like a pretty layed-back baby (yay); she can crawl, she likes toys with noise, she enjoys watching the other babies play, and she can kick her feet to make her rocking chair rock - I'm guessing that to be a bouncy chair...CANNOT wait to meet her!

Roses said...

Speaking of rings changing shape:
The husband once slammed his hand in a car door. What saved his fingers was his wedding band.
For several months he kept wearing it, even though it was square!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Yowchie!!!!

Wouldn't it be uncomfortable as a square?