Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Breaking News



Not so much Breaking News...more of just an update of news here at The Funny Farm.



  • Tigger has new glasses. He looks moocho cuto in them. And they have a shade clip, which he is thrilled about.

  • The pigs have started having their babies. Known as Farrowing in the industry. I took Shaggy to the barn after supper last night to see them and there were a few in labour who had farrowed overnight. He so wanted to see the little critters pop out. Our Pal had me smell one. I was skeptical, but they did smell sweet. He said they only smell sweet for the first day or two, and after that they smell like pigs. The smell of money he said. He's comical. Everybody knows there's no money in farming. We just do it to keep from getting bored.

  • Our tickets to China arrived yesterday. Panic is starting to set in because there is still so much to do to prepare. I have a corner in my dining room of bags full of supplies that I've bought that need to be sorted through and arranged and organized and stuffed into suitcases.

  • Muther was over yesterday and I gave her all my unfinished Thumbelina Projects to finish for me. The blanket for her crib is finished - I seriously have no recollection of finishing it - but it has a million pieces of yarn that need to be woven throughout the back and hidden. It is a very pretty pattern, but it's a plaid, so multiples balls of yarn were used. There is also a sweater that needs buttons and a matching hat made to go with it, and another sweater that needs to be sewn together and the front ribbing done on it. Both of these sweaters are coming to China with us.

  • I tripped over my iron last night as I was ironing and it fell off of the ironing board and put two gouges in my wood floor. And now my iron is not working.

  • Husband and I are both sick. We feel really lousy in the mornings until we get up and get moving, and then after that, just lousy throughout the day.

  • We are supposed to be getting a snowstorm today and today, so tomorrow might be a snowday! Woohoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know that freakin' snow storm is on its way.....its gonna suck if its as bad as they're calling for :(
yay for everything else other then being sick though. new glasses lookin good, plane tickets, piggys, sweaters & blankeys.....what a full house :) best of luck with everything & this damm snow coming, stupid ontario with its messed up weather.