Saturday, February 24, 2007

Better Today

I forgot to post a picture of the sweater and sockies that Alfred's Mom sent to Thumbelina. Don't you just love them? She's going to look so cute in that sweater:
And I bought this in Banff:

Thanks for indulging me yesterday in my pity party. Nothing like a little retail therapy to lift a girl's spirits.
So we went to the Chinese Consulate yesterday to apply for our visas, forgetting until we were ready to go that we needed passport-sized photos to include with the application. We were told that photo-booth photos were fine, but where in our small town are there any photo booths? No where, that's where. So we decided to throw caution to the wind and just hope for the best and stop at a mall along the way. And it paid off. So 8 bucks later, we ended up with 8 hideous pictures of ourselves that really don't even resemble us...
Side note - if you decide to take a school picture with you of your son - passport size - because he's in school and you have no other pictures of him with which to bring, the consulate will not accept it. They will be kind enough, however, to accept the application if you promise to bring in an actual passport picture (or photo booth somewhat likeness) when you come back to pick up the visas. Didn't know that, did you.
So the retail therapy. We stopped at a mall on the way home because we had to buy more luggage, and I wanted to get something for Thumbelina to wear for her first Sunday to church. I went into a few stores and wandered around; Husband asked me if I knew what I was looking for and I said, I'll know it when I see it. And then in the next store I saw it:
Isn't it just darling? It's a onesie with a sweater and skirt:

Don't you just love the skirt?
And lookey the tulle and fabric underneath:
And since my To Do list is quite long, I best get a move on it and start something.

4 comments:

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Too cute! I love the selection of girl clothing....I am anxious to see Thumbelina in them....So nice of "C" to send you such a nice gift.....Not much longer! Wha Hooo! I hope you are feeling better...we have had the fever flu here too....Blahhhh :o(

Anonymous said...

sooooo cute :) she'll be one snazzily dressed little one :) i'm sure u can't wait to show her off to EVERYONE :) can't wait to see pics ;)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That is one BEAUTIFUL dress! VERY NICE!!!! Glad you're doing better......:-)

Anonymous said...

All of those outfits are fabulously cute! I LOVE that dress with the skirt!