Friday, February 23, 2007

A Little Miffed

Ever wake up 1/2 hour late, only to have a headache and be in a bad mood, and then to find your kids in a bad mood as well? Me too.

We leave in two weeks. Thumbelina's room is not anywhere near ready for her to habitate. And I'm angry at myself for letting it slide for this long. There is still old bedroom furniture that needs to be moved out, and physically, I can't carry it down the stairs by myself. And it's all probably too heavy for me to help with anyway. So it sits. One of my childs opened the lid on the paint can...the paint that I am slowly doing the touch-ups with...and now it's dried hard as a rock. We could probably make some sort of art from it but now I have to go buy another can of paint. The carpet. Makes me angry. It has been sitting in Shaggy & Tigger's room since December 24, 2005. Yes, 2005. Because our carpet guy didn't have time to lay it that day. Which was fine, he said he'd come back in September and do it. Which was fine as well because we obviously didn't need it done before then. But now? Now he doesn't lay carpet anymore because his knees can't take it. And I don't begrudge him that - why didn't he squeeze us in when his knees could take it? But he wants to take care of us, so leave it with him. I'VE GOT A BABY COMING IN TWO WEEKS, BUDDY. I CAN'T JUST LEAVE IT WITH YOU! And I've been bugging Husband and telling him that I'm just going to call somebody locally to lay it. But he wants to talk to our guy first. SO TALK TO HIM ALREADY!

I'm a wee bit stressed this morning.

And I want to re-paint the crib - a very soft, soft pink.

Sylvie, my sister-in-law, is coming next week for a sewing party and we're going to finish up the curtains for Thumbelina's room.

I did have a bit of a pity party this morning. Oh, you thought this was the pity party? Silly. You're so wrong - this is the aftermath. You get stuck listening to me gripe about all of this. The pity party involved tears and children suddenly behaving and being helpful...most of the children, not quite all of them.

So today, if the Chinese Consulate is open, we're heading off to the city to apply for our VISAS.

You know how stupid I am? I told you I bought the highchair and carseat the other day, right? I was looking at so many carseats and I thought for sure the box I picked up said it was rear facing and front facing. It isn't. It's only front facing. Thumbelina has to be 20 lbs and a year old before she can be in a front facing carseat. Right now, if her reports are correct, she's 17 lbs and 9 months old, 10 months when we get her. And I'm not in the mood to exchange it, and I'm not buying a rear-facing-only-carseat for 2 measly months. So Sylvie is going to check - she thinks Pudge's carseat is both (his little one is already lent out to another relative) and we'll trade carseats until Thumbelina is big enough for her new one.

Anyway.

Aren't you glad you're not working with me today?

2 comments:

Roses said...

Oh, honey.
You need chocolate.

It won't fix anything, but who cares?

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

So sorry that you had such a bad day. I have a friend who totally plays into my pity parties and tells me, "Life is unfair to Kathy". As silly as it is, it always makes me feel better. So, here goes:
Life is unfair to JAJ. Hope you have a better day today. :)